Friday, November 17, 2006

The Journey…

We all travel for some reason or the other. We travel to office, to shop, to relatives home, to see your loving grandfather, and some travel without any reason. In this busy fast moving world, traveling has become as normal as breathing. May be as you read this you say “Well, am old, I do not travel any more”. Well I do agree that you do not travel physically… but that doesn’t deny the fact that of your traveling spiritually!

Every one of us are just travelers on their journey on earth. You may ‘think’ I am settled on earth forever…… well your thinking doesn’t change the truth. But, you say I ‘feel’ the earth is my home……… well am afraid …… all I can say is don’t trust your feelings because your feeling change every day. But you can always trust the unchanging word of God, which says we are citizens of heaven!!! And we all need to go back to our homeland (heaven) through death’s doorway.

Well, now I can see you nodding your head in agreement. But, I also could hear some of you whisper… my travel is tiring and I feel like giving up.

Once I and my friend had to return home after attending a meeting. We had to board a train that will take us through a journey of 10 hours. As we came to the station, my thoughts of boarding the train derailed. The platform was already packed with people. I almost felt like dropping out the plan of traveling. I thought I ll stay back. As I was submerged in these thoughts I heard my friend crying out at me “Come on get into the train…we have to go home.” “HOME!!!” My heart rejoiced as I heard this four letter word. Even as I pushed aside the thoughts of staying back, I started pushing myself through the crowd, towards the train. And there I was in the train physically, but at home mentally. We just got two upper birth seats which were already occupied by 2 persons.

We had to adjust with those travelers. We couldn’t move or get down as our compartment was filled with passengers. Half way through, again I wanted to quit traveling. “Its tiring and its exhausting” I thought. But then, I received a phone call from my father. “We are all waiting for you” my father said. I told him how tiring my journey is and I felt like quitting. “Come home and take rest” my father reassured. Gripping on to his comforting words, I reached home. As I saw my father and other family members I never spoke about the tiring journey but instead we were enjoying our reunion. My tiredness, my pain, my frustration, and weakness were gone. Why? Absolutely true!! I was at HOME.

What a reflection of our heavenward journey!! So never give up in life. Though in life’s journey you ll have pain, frustrations, weakness… it all be gone as we reach our real HOME and we ll find permanent rest for our soul as we see our heavenly FATHER.

“Come home and take rest” says the FATHER.

So never give up ………Come let’s travel home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Let HIM talk

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home