Friday, August 18, 2006

FRIENDS ARE FRIENDS FOREVER

Well this is the season of remembering and celebrating friendships. One of the most beautiful relationships in this life is undoubtedly friendship. Friends don’t dictate your life, they share, laugh, cry, fight with you and you love every bit of it. Friendships don’t tie you down like blood ties say parents or spouses. But it is a life time commitment for those who value and treasure friendships. Even years apart, you can still feel the same joy when you meet a friend.

God has blessed me with so many wonderful friends and very often I used to wonder why. In my life, the exclusive slot of my best friend is only for Jesus. Once, I was in a very painful situation, all alone, and a big crowd pouncing on me. I felt so miserable, I fell on my knees, and prayed, “Lord you said I’ll be your friend (John15, 14), now be my only friend. From then on He was my real friend. Believe me , I tell Him all my darkest secrets, cry only to Him, walk with Him, He was with me in the valley of death and till now He has never left me though many times I had been unfaithful to Him. Jesus Himself is my model of how to be a good friend.

You will be surprised to know that Jesus’ special friends were fisher men, tax collectors, drunkards, prostitutes. They loved Him because He did not condemn but He always said, I came to save sinners and only a sick man needs a doctor. When you have Jesus as your friend you will not condemn friends who are addicted but you will show the love of Jesus. That does not mean you should approve of their acts but be a silent witness of the Power of Christ to release them from bondage. I have friends not accepted by the society (who booze and fag etc) they feel comfortable with me, because I do not condemn them and they know that I neither do approve. I have sat with them, struggling through certain bondages and prayed with them and some of my friends have been so miraculously released or healed by the wonderful power of Jesus. I am still praying for many and I firmly believe the Lord will touch their lives and set them free.

So this day, remember your treasured friends pray for them, thank God for them. Don’t commercialize friendship day. Don’t be demanding just let them go, let them come to you when they need you. Above all start a dynamic friendship with Jesus, your quality of friendship with others will drastically improve. There will be an overwhelming love you can never explain.

Dear Jesus on this day I give my hand to your outstretched hand in the eternal bond of your friendship. Be my friend now and forevermore. You are the best friend I can ever have. Thanks for accepting me as your friend. Amen.

- Laura, Trichy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home